Did you know that there are alternative and at times, even strange and weird ways to use your kitchen appliances? Freezers, dishwashers, microwave ovens and other major home appliances are an inseparable part of an average kitchen makeover. However, they can be effectively used for your other “additional” needs too.
Save both money and time and get the best out of your major kitchen appliances by finding out the alternative ways of their usage.
Some of these ways might sound really weird at first, but yes, they do exist! Let’s give it a go!
Weird Uses of Kitchen Appliances: Dishwashers
Dishwashers not only wash your dirty dishes, they also cook. Yes, you heard it right! A dishwasher is a great means for making things that require low temperature cooking such as salmons and vegetables. Don’t forget to wrap the food tight with tinfoil layers or put it in heat-proof containers, say, canning jars, and of course, don’t use soap!
Here is another point: your dishwasher can essentially clean everything – sports equipment, kids’ toys, garden tools. However great this might sound, just keep in mind that dishwashers have restrictions too and overexploitation can cause harm to their smooth performance. There are certain dish types that are not meant for putting into the dishwasher, hence think twice before throwing things other than dishes into your dishwasher.
Weird Uses of Kitchen Appliances: Microwave Ovens
Microwaves are the types of home appliances that offer a really wide range of weird and alternative uses:
- Dry fabric in microwave ovens. It will make the process as fast as decreasing it to just a few minutes. This is quite a well-known method of dye drying.
- Make lemon squeezing much easier and efficient from the point of getting more juice by simply keeping the lemons in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Need a smooth amount of sugar without any lumps? Simply microwave your sugar wrapped in a towel for 20 seconds.
- Sterilize things like dish clothes, cutting boards and sponges keeping them in your microwaves for a few minutes. Get rid of these bacteria!
- Need a hot compress? Do it fast by microwaving a wet towel.
- It’s no news that honey can be really solid at times and impossible to be eaten. Microwave your honey for 30-60 seconds in an uncovered jar.
- The heat of your microwave oven will make the peeling of fruits much easier. Keep them inside for about 30 seconds.
- Are you a classic collector of stamps? Pour a drop of water on the stamp and microwave the letter it is on for 30 seconds to make the cutting of the stamp smoother.
Weird Uses of Kitchen Appliances: Freezers
Here is what freezers do:
- Make your denim jeans look all new by cleaning it in the freezer. Wrap the jeans up in a bag and keep it in the freezer for about a week. The freezer will disinfect your jeans by putting an end to all the bacteria and making all the weird smells disappear. Your denim won’t fade either. The down point is that a week is actually quite long.
- Are there items you are afraid will be corrupted if washed? No worries, simply put them in the freezer for a whole day.
- Revive your crashed hard drives in the freezers.
- And finally, lengthen the performance of your NiMH and NiCad batteries.
All these uses sound great, some weird, but they all can be really beneficial for you. However, we advise you not to cross the limits and not to overrate the powers of your kitchen appliances. The simple rule is: use your kitchen appliances for the aims they are meant for in the first place and as for the above mentioned weird uses, they are awesome when applied reasonably!