Refrigerator needs repair? Maybe not? Read on to find out whether your refrigerator actually needs repair or not!
Imagine one day you were left without your refrigerator and you had to throw away all the yummy foods you saved for later. Just like ourselves, we should take care of our refrigerators more often and help it maintain its Excellency all over its lifespan. So sit back and follow the instructions on how to realize if your refrigerator is sick:
Refrigerator needs REPAIR if you notice
- Drips from the ceiling: sometimes when you put a hot boiled food in your refrigerator it can release water particles into the top of the ceiling and cause drips, so it is better if you put a cover on your food before putting in your refrigerator. But if that’s not the case, then you have a clogged condensate drain, instantly get in touch with a service repair to get that issue solved.
2. The compressor is not running: if the compressor (which is located at the lower back of your refrigerator) is not making a low humming sound which is different than of the internal fan, then you should consider replacing the starter on the compressor.
3. Stuck fridge fan: when you open the door and you hear a constant change in the sound of the fan. Sometimes what happens that the fan blades get stuck against the side or, the fan blades itself goes back and sits against the motor which causes the blades to get stuck.
4. Your refrigerator being off balance:
refrigerators can be quickly set up unbalanced when not being pedantic. This can cause the refrigerator doors not closing on itself when you let it go, so it’s preferred that you readjust the balance by screwing the two legs on each side evenly and equally.
5. Torn refrigerator gasket: when touching with greasy hands, or spilling food on the surface where the door gasket attaches to can cause the surface to get sticky by time and can prevent the gasket to be detached from the surface.
To avoid such problems, always try to clean the refrigerator gasket and the opposite surface where it attaches. If it is a point that your refrigerator gasket is harshly torn you should consult to your nearest repair service so that they would come and replace the old gasket with a new one.