Refrigerators being one of the helpful appliances in our household sometimes can go off the track and start functioning not in a proper manner. The problem can emerge from various issues and along with this, the problem itself might be a bigger malfunction that might need a professional fix or a small one that you can handle on your own.
Appliance Repair Huntington Beach CA lists down the most experienced problems and the easiest solutions concerning your fridge!
Problem 1: Refrigerator runs constantly and doesn’t cool properly.
- Freezer may be over packed.
- Door is being opened too much.
- Temperature settings aren’t adjusted.
- Coils might be dirty
- Weather might be humid.
- Move the food in the freezer away from the fan.
- Open the fridge door not so often.
- Freezer temperature should be around 0 and 5 F and the fridge one between 35 and 40 F.
- Clean the coils with a brush.
Problem 2: Refrigerator doesn’t run.
- The appliance isn’t plugged in.
- Power might be out.
- Find out whether it is plugged or not.
- Make sure that there is power at home and reset the circuit breakers if necessary.
Problem 3: The appliance is very noisy and loud.
- The back of the fridge might be dirty.
- Sitting level issue.
- Drain pan can touch the sides of the appliance.
- Vacuum the back of the refrigerator.
- Make sure about the sitting level.
- Readjust the drain pan so that it won’t touch the sides.
Problem 4: Refrigerator has an unusual and bad smell.
- Drain pan might be dirty.
- Drains inside the appliance may be clogged.
- Clean and dry the drain pan.
- Clean the drains inside as well with hot water and soap. For this, you will have to take the drains out of the fridge and then restore after cleaning.
This quick overview will be a quick helping hand whenever experiencing a malfunctioning refrigerator.